Taxmann Limited (“Taxmann”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Taxmann is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice. We may update this notice at any time.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Why we collect data from you
To comply with the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering the financing of Terrorism Code 2015 (“the Code”) which requires that we identify our client and understand what you do.
In order to provide the services which we are engaged to provide to you.
The data we collect
At the outset of the engagement we will collect data from you which will include:
- Proof of identity
- Proof of address
- Source of wealth/funds
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Tax reference number
- National Insurance number
- Tax status
- Marital status
- Contact information such as: e-mail address, phone number including mobile phone number
SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data and all other information we hold is confidential and we never share it with third parties without your express permission. The only exceptions to this are where we are required to do so by law or by an external peer review.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We have a retention policy for personal data which takes into account legal and regulatory requirements.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal Information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
OUR DATA CONTROLLER
Please contact Barry Hennedy by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact our data controller or the Isle of Man Information Commissioner. Please see www.inforights.im