TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Taxmann Limited’s prior written consent.
Taxmann Limited (“Taxmann”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Taxmann is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice. We may update this notice at any time.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Why we collect data from you
To comply with the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering the financing of Terrorism Code 2015 (“the Code”) which requires that we identify our client and understand what you do.
In order to provide the services which we are engaged to provide to you.
The data we collect
At the outset of the engagement we will collect data from you which will include:
- Proof of identity
- Proof of address
- Source of wealth/funds
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Tax reference number
- National Insurance number
- Tax status
- Marital status
- Contact information such as: e-mail address, phone number including mobile phone number
SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data and all other information we hold is confidential and we never share it with third parties without your express permission. The only exceptions to this are where we are required to do so by law or by an external peer review.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We have a retention policy for personal data which takes into account legal and regulatory requirements.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal Information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
OUR DATA CONTROLLER
Please contact Barry Hennedy by e-mail email@example.com
You can contact our data controller or the Isle of man Information Commissioner. Please see www.inforights.im
This website and its content is copyright of Taxmann Limited – ©Taxmann Limited 2019. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Taxmann Limited and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Taxmann Limited. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Taxmann Limited takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.